CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

BAD LUCK!!

I don't mean to complain but I'm on a pretty hardcore bad streak right now. If I talk about it, does it go away? If so, here it is..
It's been almost 4 weeks exactly since I (Michelle) broke my leg (2 fractures on the fibula). This photo was taken a few days after the break. I had just taken the kids and friends over to Maple Canyon to do a bit of hiking. We hiked up Box Canyon to the waterfall and back and then had a picnic. Once we got home I started watering the lawn and while talking to Sam on the phone, I slipped on wet grass / mud and "snap" there went the leg. Six weeks to heal.


Then two weeks later, I'm out in the garden weeding and some unknown object flies in my mouth. Not a big deal, right? Wrong! What ever it was (weed, bug, UFO) scratched or stuck or got lodged in the back of my throat. I proceeded to cough uncontrollably for the next 3 days. Worried that this would be my fate if I didn't have it taken care of, I hobbled to the Dr. Well he wasn't amused and told me I had allergies (I've NEVER had allergies). Since then, I've been coughing, sneezing, stuffy runny nose, watery eyes, etc but the Singular he gave me hasn't helped a bit. I'm miserable.

So a few more days pass and I'm outside doing our favorite summer past-time, chasing sheep. They had gotten out on the road and Ashley was having a heck of time. As I'm trying to get them to back to our property, the Buck, AKA Noodle, rams me from behind. Whammo, I was practically knocked unconscious and I re-injured my leg. I thought I had broken my ankle this time but x-rays revealed it must be a sprain. Six more weeks to heal.



I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself by now and the "allergies" have developed into a full blown sinus infection with constant sneezing and coughing. Then yesterday, as I'm driving through Thistle, I start feeling tremendous pain in my right ear. A few hours later my ear drum ruptures and the gunk begins to flow. Just like I've never broken a bone, never had allergies, I've never had earaches or the like. It's horrible. I now have a new sympathy for all those little kids with chronic ear infections!.



I wake up this morning and realize I've got to take the kids to the 24th of July parade. Not quite knowing what to do, I take a few pain meds, a few antihistamines, and an antibiotic. Off to the parade we go. While sitting at the parade (in a daze) I realize there is something crunchy in my mouth that shouldn't be there. Upon further inspection I find that my back molar and filling have crumbled!!!!!

Okay, I'm not that superstitious and besides bad luck comes in 3 and I'm wayyyy beyond that point. But ten years ago my sister, Melinda, gave me a scarab necklace and told me that it was supposed to bring good luck. I've worn it almost non stop since then, not for luck but because I love it and I love scarabs. Well, about five weeks ago I took it off to wear another necklace and lost it. And the bad luck started rolling. As soon as I got home from the parade I decided I would have to find it - and I did!!!!! Rest assured I'm wearing it now - for luck. As for everything else, a lot of good has come out of it. Linda and Jamie have helped me so much. Jo worked her wonders through touch therapy which helped with the pain. TT and Marielle came down and cleaned my house and weeded. Ashley has been my constant hero. And today Ashley W and Jamie's dad mowed my lawn. I'm so grateful.
And this is how Luke has helped.

0 comments: