CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Kids Are Funny

Luke is now at that age where he says so many funny things. I know I need to write them down.

This morning the first thing Luke asked me was, "Do you have any cows?". It was so cute because he was totally serious. He looked at me like I was some big mysterious person who has all these things that he doesn't know about. I mean, don't you think that if I owned a herd of cows (or even one) that he would know about it. It just makes you see how much they still have to learn.

One of Luke's best quotes is, "These boxers are choking me". Oh and to add to that one, "My socks are choking me".

Charlotte's most famous quote is, "Her got it?". Meaning, do you have it or have you done it? This one has has stuck in our household and is used hourly.

"Did you answer the phone?" now is "Her got it?"

"Did you take out the garbage?" = "Her got it?"

"Do you need help?" = "Her got it?"

Basically any "to do" question can be replaced by "Her got it?" Oh, and there in NO, "Him got it?", it is strictly "her".

Ashley really said a lot of funny things and I know I have them written down somewhere. But one occasion sticks in my mind more than most. This one takes a little prep.

On many occasions Ashley would stay the night with her Grandma TT. Grandma TT would then drop her off at Kindergarten on the way to work. On these days, Ashley would usually have the school provided breakfast. On this particular day, Grandma TT was running a bit late, dropped Ashley off at school, and thought she had better double check to see if they were still serving breakfast (so Ashley didn't go hungry). So, Grandma TT ran inside the lunch room and gave a quick shout out to Ashley and the servers to make sure Ashley got breakfast.

Well, this embarrassed Ashley sooooooo much. She was so embarrassed that she NEVER wanted Grandma TT to take her to school again. She was so embarrassed that she cried and cried. And in an effort to try and console her I sympathized with her and told her that I knew exactly how she felt because GRANDMA TT WAS MY MOM! She did it to me all the time!! Ashley's eyes got huge and she exclaimed, "Oh... my... gosh...!!!!"

I guess that wasn't that funny but, as a five year old, she showed me that SHE COULD RELATE!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Her got photos of climbing and the Elk hunt?